Monday, July 9, 2012

Community Service

        Community Service

     Community service is necessary and essential when applying for scholarships.  My community service included:
   -Tutoring students between ages 7-18 that lived in cities ranging from Valdosta to Atlanta and Jefferson, Georgia. I would either go to their homes or meet them at a library or quiet institution and spend up to 4 hours with one person depending the subject they needed to obtain help in and the severity of their grades.

   - Babysitting and reading to the children between ages 3-9. I would read 2 books to them before they went to bed and assist with any homework or projects they had. It was a learning experience because I was able to observe exactly how to deal with children much younger than what I'm use to and learn how a small number of children are taught.




from Google Images



No comments:

Post a Comment